Tuesday

:::Risky Excerpts:::

Well, i just feel like i need to share this! I Love My Life.

I didn't plan on writing again until a later time, but this just needs to be penned (or typed for that matter :). If you've read the blog posted previously, you now have a small picture into the season Melissa and I have embarked on. If not, go read: Personal Update-New Beginnings. It's short.

Ok, ready? great. One of my strong desires as a Christ follower is that everyone I encounter in my realm of influence would be begin to walk away from me different than how I found them. In a good way! I believe that when others who've not known the father experience those that do, they should walk away with an immediate POSITIVE introduction to who He is. In deed, thought and action. (we really do have great news for people!) Everyday I'm praying and asking God to use me to touch someone's life in a unique yet powerful way.


Wednesday, Melissa and I were talking about children and whether or not we would want to have more of them. Melissa told me of a name that she loves and thinks it would be great to have a daughter and name her this. The conversation was short, but the name stuck in my head as it was rather unique. Moving on in the day, I ran into someone I've not seen in quite awhile. I've known them from frequenting concerts/events at The District over the years. The person "perked up" rather conspicuously upon making eye contact with me. I noticed it but brushed it off. After finishing my conversation, they pursued me and said they had a dream last night. The short of it was, he felt led to put $100.00 in his pocket and that God would tell him who to "plant the seed" with. Without being familiar with Melissa and I's current situation, he continued to tell me that the moment he saw me, he knew I would be the person! He then handed me $100.00. How cool is God? Perfect timing considering this new walk of faith!

So now I'm all geeked up and feelin' good that God is reminding me that He will make a way throughout this new faith journey. I decided to go to Caribou for some reading/writing/strategizing and some mediocre coffee (sorry bou) when a great opportunity was presented. I ordered the mediocre coffee and found my spot in the front corner, nestled away from the rest of the tables. I sat in one of the arm chairs that was one of a pair, adjacent to each other. It was great. No one else was in the area. Five minutes go by and wouldn't you know that a middle aged woman marches right up to claim her territory and it just so happened to have to be the chair RIGHT NEXT TO ME. We all know how frustrating in our everyday perspectives this can be. We all like personal space. So, I'm a little perturbed and then quickly was reminded of what I've been asking for. What would seem like an inconvenience could be an opportunity to speak life into someone.


She sits down after ordering coffee and gets all settled in. She wasn't going anywhere fast. I had plans on the same, so here we go. I acknowledged her, not with the scowl I impulsively felt to do, but with a smile. I introduced myself. Awkard glances and personal discomfort while talking with strangers is a response that I'm beginning to get quite familiar with lately. Nothing was different here either. Here's where it gets good though, her name was the same name Melissa had just spoke to me earlier in the day for our future potential daughter. Whoa! God has such a sense of humor. I've only personally known one person with this name. Obviously, my senses perked. I'm sure I put my "seed planter" from earlier to shame with perkiness. Ha! We begin to dialogue about life and before you know it we're knee deep in a thought provoking conversation with Christ as the center. There were so many broken places in her life. I was able to share the goodness of the life HE has made possible for us to live. She was immediately responding, soaking it in like a sponge. God was so faithful.

People are desperately seeking for answers and we've got the antidote. I share these stories, not because of my "goodness", but because of the need for us to understand that no matter who we are, we can live inspired/Spirit led lifestyles. It IS possible. We just have to want pursue it! The world is desperate for love and hope for their future. What do you share and/or demonstrate thru your life? Do you have good news for people or do you fall right in line with the message of gloom and doom? God is consumed with life! We should be too and it should show!